Wednesday, January 2, 2013

From ILC Alum Carla Ramirez


My name is Carla Ramirez and I just finished my first semester of my third year at Denison University and I am a biology major.

These first 5 semesters of college have been the hardest and most amazing semesters of my life. For me going to college has been an uphill battle. At times I find myself frustrated because the amount of effort that I put into my classes sometimes does not reflect in my grades.

When I was in high school I was naive; I thought that college was going to be like a fairytale. My experiences at Denison have been great, but they have also been tough. I am glad that I choose a college that was going to challenge me because even though each semester gets tougher and tougher, I continue to learn from my mistakes and keep my head up to try and improve the next semester. If there is one thing I have learned from my experiences at Denison is to keep trying and to keep my head up because even though I don't have the greatest grades and the perfect GPA, I know that I am fighting for my dream and that all the hard work I am putting in will pay off in the future!

So, fellow ILCers, I suggest that you choose a college that will provide a good environment to help you achieve your goals and will make you feel at home!

Carla

No comments: