Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Decision

After much thought, I have decided to register at the University of Pennsylvania. Penn was amazing when I visited. While I liked all the schools I visited, including Occidental College and UC Berkeley, one student's comment from Penn stuck to me.

While attending the Penn Preview Day, a freshman was in a similar situation as I am in. She was from California and said that although she wanted to stay in the UC system with her friends, she was glad that she decided to go to Penn. When she talked to her friends at UCs, they said it was just a "continuation of high school," with large classes and professors never knowing their names. I didn't want my college experience to be full of lectures and papers; I want experience.

Penn is a big urban campus, which I like, but classes are small and intimate, which is what I want. The students there are amazing; they're friendly and intelligent, and it seemed like they could not say anything bad about Penn, even if they tried to.

I'm going to be a Quaker, and I'm happy with my decision.

1 comment:

Don Gosney said...

The previous comment that was posted here was in a language unknown to the administrators of this site. To protect the site from unwanted abuse, until this can be investigated thoroughly it will remain blocked.